Tablescapes from Thrifty purchases

Monday, January 16, 2012

88th Tablescape - Chickens & Roosters (a table for two)

Along with changing out the tablescape - I try to incorporate the theme through the kitchen.....This kitchen towel is on the oven door - purchased 4 of them at Cracker Barrel in MI during my visit - $1.25 each!

A close up!

The spoon rest on the stove.

And now the tablescape -  this is a tablescape for two!

overview


The setting, the bowls are not part of the china set - they were purchased at the thrift store - 4/$2.25!  They are made by "Classic Ceramics"

Overview....

The coloring of these wheat glasses made them the pick for the setting.  The placemats - yes there are two stacked on top of each other....

The napkin rings are wooden roosters, the plates are "Independence Ironstone by Castleton China"

Found this cute little sugar bowl Chicken at the Hospice Thrift Store - $.50.

The candelabra was too elegant to pass up - I needed another one - like I need another chicken, rooster, chef, plate, bowl......you get the picture!

Another view of the candelabra - purchased at Goodwill - $10.06 - 25% off coupon (that was the selling point) final cost $7.54.


This corning ware baking dish went soo well with the tablescape I placed it on a chicken trivet, on the buffet.  The dish is dated 1975.


The whole tablescape - overview.


As always - thanks to Susan at BNOTP for sponsoring Tablescape Thursdays. Remember: "Around the world - - life is best around the table". Thanks for visiting & please leave some encouraging words!

4 comments:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    I was looking at my sidebar on my Blog and you had a new post. Your Tablescapes are Beautiful love your lovely dishes you use on them. You also did a lovely job putting this all together for the two of you. Come see me if you like. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family..
    xxoo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it the way the glasses go so well with the design on the plates! Well played! Great buy on the bowls, too! I like the handles on them. I have GOT to get my hips to a Cracker Barrel sometime soon. I see all these neat things that people have purchased there, and I want in on it! :-) Great table for 2! Have a wonderful weekend, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy!

    I just love a good chicken themed table! You have some wonderful thrift store finds. That candelabra is wonderful and I'm sure very versatile! Thanks for sharing your cute table for two!

    Elaine
    Creating Wonderful Spaces

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gathered a wonderful collection of chicken pieces. They work together so well for your tablescape. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete