Tablescapes from Thrifty purchases

Monday, July 19, 2010

"100th - Tablescape Thursday" - My 29th Tablescape - Red, White & Green & My 1st Patio Tablescape

In honor of the 100th I did "2" tablescapes - an outdoor and an indoor!  Well, it is July 14th and I have 2 tablescapes and 2 barscapes in the queue.  Planned to do some scrapbooking and was going to use the dinning room table to "spread out" the work.  That lasted three days - couldn't stand not having my table set and beautiful.  So, today I put together a new tablescape even though I have some I haven't posted yet.  Mind you - my a/c went out yesterday so I was working in 91 degree weather, had to iron the tablecloth and the napkins - there should be some kind of reward for such dedication under such extreme conditions.  So although you can't see the sweat - there was plenty through this process - enjoy!
The tablecloth was $2.99 at Hospice - just two pretty to pass up; once laundered and pressed it was truly gorgeous.  Although it is round and my table is rectangle I envisioned exactly the look I got. 

Picked up the red chair covers from another local thrift store - both of them were $7.99 - still in the package.
The settings are Johnson & Bros. plain white dinner plates with these red flowered desert plates by "Home".

Set two on red flowered placemats with green chargers and two on round green placemats with red chargers.
Notice the little red ceramic birds hanging from the light fixture - courtesy of my sister Dawn.
What table is complete without the food????  "Chipolte Cornbread Chili Bake .......
and Apple Pie for desert.....


For the outdoor tablescape - here is my patio tablescape - 1st one I have ever done.  It is really breezy here where we live and our patio is not covered or enclosed so needless to say it will be put away as soon as the pics have been taken.
I started with a simple embroidered, square linen and placed one of my favorite vases - the look with the green grass background is beautiful...
Then added some tall pewter candlesticks with light lavender colored candles.  The placemats are woven straw - bright colors...
The place settings are Pflatzgraff - Italian Vine with American Atelier, "Bouguet Garni" desert plates on top.
The napkins are "picnicky" and colorful -
White Ivory flatware & flowerd margarita glasses....



Happy "100th" Tablescape Thursday everyone....and as always - thanks to Susan at BNOTP for sponsoring Tablescape Thursdays. Remember: "Around the world - - life is best around the table". Thanks for visiting, please leave some encouraging words! 

9 comments:

  1. Love the colorful crocheted placemats, they are just spectacular. Don't let anyone spill on them! This is such a colorful and fun table, I would feel so special sitting down to a meal here and wow, what a meal you are serving. It's past midnight and I am just salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tablescapes are wonderful, but I'm always a sucker for teal and coral...one of my favorite color combinations. Thank you for sharing your charming designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tablecloth! Looks perfect! The setting is just lovely - the food YUM! Wow! Just love it,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,
    what a lot of work you had to make two tables. The inside table is nice and I love how you used the two napkins together. That looks so charming. And the little bird have exactly the color of the tulips, very thoughtful. But I felt in love with your outside table. This colors are so happy and the flowers and napkins to the chargers and plates - all is just pretty. Thank you for sharing this two tables.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, what a gorgeous embroidered cloth you found! And, yes, you deserve combat pay for ironing it in that heat! Your pretty floral dishes echo the flowers in the cloth perfectly! Your outdoor table is also great -- love the combination of those two dish patterns on top of the pretty placemats! Thanks for giving us a "two-fer" this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -two tables. I love the tablecloth on the first tablescape. Wonderful job. The food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty outdoor tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to treat us to two great tablescapes! I love the tablecloth -- and your outdoor table is so colorful and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tammy! You do get an award...ironing in 91 degree weather and no AC! My hat is off to you! I love both of your tablescapes...just beautiful! You sound like me...my tables never stay long without a tablescape on them. :)
    I love your outdoor shots...the colors are wonderful and your creativity really shines through in both table settings!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete