Tablescapes from Thrifty purchases

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ornament Tree Decoration - Craft

This was a fun and simple craft - one I will definetely repeat - to change out for my ornament tree for different occaisions....

Start with clear glass or plastic ornaments (these were purchased at Michaels' but I also got some from Joanne Fabrics)

This is a silver ornament shaped candle that I found on clearnace at Michaels when I bought the clear ornaments and paint - $.99.

These are the paint colors I chose for the Halloween ornament tree

Just pull off the ornament hook holder and pour in some paint......

Let it settle to the bottom....

Then keep swirling it around till the entire ornament is one color...

Then set them back in the package to dry overnight before replacing the hook holders....


This is the finished ornament tree....I found some cute halloween buttons to put on the hook holders.....
This was a fun and easy project - one that kids would have fun doing - even if for the Christmas Tree or the Easter Egg Tree - or next Halloween.....

No comments:

Post a Comment